SunGrow Grass House, Woven Straw Hut for Sleeping and Playing, Stackable and Portable, Provides Comfort to Small Animals, Edible Home with Double Openings, Ideal for Chinchillas and Guinea Pigs 1-Piece Medium
SunGrow Grass House, Woven Straw Hut for Sleeping and Playing, Stackable and Portable, Provides Comfort to Small Animals, Edible Home with Double Openings, Ideal for Chinchillas and Guinea Pigs
Reasons Chinchillas Make Great Pets Cute and perky, chinchillas have many outstanding characteristics; however, they are not the perfect pet for everyone. Domestic chinchillas do- not tolerate hot, humid weather very well and can be uncomfortable in regions with this type of weather conditions. Low maintenance in both diet and grooming, chinchillas do not release any unpleasant odor and make no loud, annoying noises. Chinchillas have a longer lifespan than most rodents and typically live up to 15 years, but living between 18-22 years is also not uncommon. Boisterous and inquisitive by nature, chinchillas are a playful, friendly and interactive pet. They are very active and do not like to be held. If chinchillas are squeezed too tightly, they may bite, making them not the best pet choice for small children. Chinchillas are still very affectionate with their pet parents and can become quite attached and loving. Chinchillas are crepuscular animals, which means that they are primarily active at dawn and dusk, and prefer to sleep and not be disturbed during the day. This schedule makes the chinchilla an ideal pet for the working person who can head off for the day without feeling guilty. As they are somewhat high strung and have fairly short attention spans, it takes a little patience to train chinchillas, but they are trainable! As creatures of habit with strong internal clocks, it is best to train your chinchilla at the same time each day and use treats such as raisins for encouragement. Promotes Positive Dental Hygiene Small animals like chinchillas, guinea pigs, rabbits, and rats have an instinctual desire to chew or nibble on things. They love to gnaw on just about anything without even realizing the damage that they are doing to your furniture or shoes. Protect your expensive furnishings and clothing by providing your furry friend with the edible straw chew home from SunGrow. As a nibbling or gnawing toy, the hay hut also promotes positive chewing behavior and good dental hygiene. Rubbing their teeth on the straw material helps keep your pet’s chompers clean, healthy and trimmed. It also prevents teeth from overgrowing and having to be pulled out. Key Selling Points: Long-lasting, lightweight straw materialFolds flat, compact and stackableGentle on pet’s paws and teethProvides security, comfort and relaxation Provides Entertainment and Exercise When living in their wild environment, chinchillas are highly active animals and spend most of their days running and jumping around. When these furry pets are held in captivity as pets, it is important to provide them with plenty of exercise and entertainment to keep them physically and mentally healthy. The 11.8” x 7.8” x 9” hand-woven grass hideaway from SunGrow serves as a great activity center to amuse your pet chinchilla for hours at a time. The dual openings satisfy your chinchilla’s need to explore, burrow and nest. They can also take a quick nap inside the secure, breathable enclosure. Place the grass house in your pet’s cage to protect their paws from wire cage bottoms as they crawl around inside. Or it can be folded flat and used as a comfortable sleeping mat. When playtime is over, you can stack it and store in any place you like, as the foldable woven grass home takes very little storage space. Read more
- PROVIDES COMFORT AND PROTECTION --- Make your pet guinea pigs feel truly at home by giving them a secure space of their own. The grass woven hut is just as it is found in their native habitat, providing your pet with a sense of refuge and relaxation as he hops inside to take a nap. Use the SunGrow Grass House inside a wire cage to protect your pet's paws from the uncomfortable cage bottom.
- COMPACT, FOLDABLE AND PORTABLE --- As an added bonus, the SunGrow Guinea Pig Grass House quickly and easily folds up so you can bring it along on family trips, both short and long. Your furry pets will feel safe and secure in their home away from home. When folded flat, the 11.8 x 7.8 x 9 straw hut is stackable and takes up very little storage space.
- SOFT AND STURDY STRAW MATERIAL --- Handwoven with lightweight, high quality straw material, the SunGrow Guinea Pig Grass Hut is an excellent activity center for your small pets. The hay-like grass is soft on your pets paws, claws and teeth, yet durable enough to withstand some nibbling and chewing. The straw home is designed to simulate a shelter that an animal would make for themselves in the wild.
- SUITABLE FOR MANY TYPES OF SMALL PETS --- Of course, adorable little guinea pigs love the SunGrow Woven Straw Hut; it is also wonderful for other species of small animals. Furry friends like chinchillas, gerbils, dwarf bunnies and ferrets enjoy curling up inside the grass house for a nap. Place a ramp so reptiles and crawling pets such as lizards, turtles, and snakes can lay atop the hut and catch some sun under the heat lamp.
- ATTRACTIVE ADDITION TO YOUR HOME --- Not only is the design of the SunGrow Foldable Small Pet House practical and ergonomic, but it is also attractive and made to match any style. With a neutral beige color and rustic appearance, the grass home fits into any decor. It can also be folded up flat and used as a floor mat or table placement.
Buy with confidence as this product comes with 18 months full local warranty in Australia & New Zealand (unless otherwise stated in the overview).
This product also comes with the benefits of the Warranty. For further details please read our Warranty Guidelines.
You can also purchase 3 Year Extended Care. If you are interested please see our Extended Care Information.